The Fire Danger Period is not in force
The Fire Danger Period for Mornington Peninsula Shire ended on Monday 27 March 2017.
The conclusion of the Fire Danger Period is based on the change in local fire risk conditions.
Burning off grass, stubble, weeds, undergrowth or other vegetation is generally permitted outside the Fire Danger Period.
However, local laws on burn-offs can apply year-round. Please check with the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council before lighting up.
All burn-offs should be registered with ESTA on 1800 668 511 and further support information is available by clicking here.
When can I burn off in Mount Eliza?
Please see the Open Air Burning page on the Mornington Peninsula Shire Councils website.
Before burning off
- Please ensure you comply with all council by laws
- Notify your neighbours at least two hours before starting the burn
- Notify ESTA on 1800 668 511 to register your burn off
- Check the weather forecast for the day of the burn, and a few days after the burn
- Check the fuel moisture conditions
- Establish a fire break of no less than 3 metres
- Ensure there is enough people to monitor, contain and extinguish the burn safely and effectively
- Read further information about Burning Off on the CFA website