Mt Eliza House Fire – a quick save

  • 0

Mt Eliza House Fire – a quick save

At 05:15 this morning (Monday 22nd November 2021), Mt Eliza Brigade and Fire Rescue Victoria (Station 91) were alerted to a fire threatening a house off Nepean Hwy.

Thanks to a passing motorist who raised the alarm, crews were quick to respond and contain the fire to the outdoor alfresco area that adjoined the main dwelling.


The cause of the fire was determined to be a re-ignited / unattended insect repellent burn stick that spread from the garden bed and onto the decked area.

This is a timely reminder that any heat source should be supervised, extinguished correctly, and placed on non-combustible surfaces.

All occupants were un-injured and had a proven Home Fire Safety Plan in place.

We would like to thank the occupants for sharing these images with the community to raise awareness and to prevent anyone else from going through a similar situation.


Leave a Reply