At 8.20 am this morning firefighters from Mount Eliza Fire Brigade were responded to a fire at a charcoal chicken shop on Mt Eliza Way. Crews from Frankston Fire Brigade also assisted us on scene.
On arrival, we found smoke issuing from the roof. It was difficult to access but thanks to the great work by our 14 firefighters on scene, the fire was prevented from spreading to neighbouring businesses.
The business has sustained significant damage but fortunately there were no injuries. The owner is to be praised for his quick thinking in dialling triple-zero (000) when he was first alerted to the fire.
All building fires have the potential to spread rapidly so it’s a timely reminder to check you have a working smoke alarm and if you’re a business, other relevant firefighting aids such as fire blankets and extinguishers.
Always use triple-zero (000) to report a fire.